on my walk along the docks of Juneau
our newest work of art in Juneau that I view outside my window!
31 May 2018 Thursday - Juneau Alaska
A woman with whom I went to high school arrived on the Noordam at 6am but she decided to sleep in and not get off the ship while I was waiting at the dock for two hours....finally asked a friend who works on the boat to check and found that Chris does not plan to disembark until 11;30....on one of the most gorgeous days of the year......I am bummed.....but off for hike with a local friend on the Mendenhall River Trail (four miles).
30 May 2018 Wednesday - Juneau Alaska
Parks and Rec hike out Perseverance Trail to Granite Basin but a friend and I opted to go to the end of the trail for lunch and then I returned via the Glory Hole to suss out a bench dedicated to a deceased hiking friend but which has been vandalized in recent years.
29 May 2018 Tuesday - Juneau Alaska
Morning visit to my former neighbor who lived next to me on Main Street. She and her husband had spent time in Mexico and then in Tenakee Springs Alaska. She is now living in a local condo where her husband and daughter are taking care of her because she has developed dementia.
28 May 2018 Monday - Juneau Alaska
Walk in the rain to Evergreen Cemetery for Memorial Day ceremony.
27 May 2018 Sunday - Juneau Alaska
Morning volunteer work at the Kiosk Visitor Center then afternoon block party picnic at Holy Trinity Church.
26 May 2018 Saturday - Juneau Alaska
Morning workout at The Gym where I have worked out for many years and it is now under new ownership again!
25 May 2018 Friday - Juneau Alaska
Last Friday of the month lunch with the ladies of Main Street, where I had owned a home.
24 May 2018 Thursday - Juneau Alaska
Met with a woman that I have known since I moved here and her husband. They live in Douglas and will be spending the summer at their home in the Lower 48 so I will be housesitting there for the next four months.....so much better than this very noisy hotel.
23 May 2018 Wednesday - Juneau Alaska
A break in the rain for our sunny walk at Point Bridget Park and lunch at Camping Cove cabin.
22 May 2018 Tuesday - Juneau Alaska
Genealogy volunteer work at the local cemetery looking for graves to identify for findagrave requests.
21 May 2018 Monday - Juneau Alaska
Lunch with retirees who all worked on a big financial project at the state in years past!
20 May 2018 Sunday - Juneau Alaska
On board greeter on the Coral Princess.
19 May 2018 Saturday - Juneau Alaska
Genealogy meeting at the library where Teresa presented DNA testing.....no more meetings until autumn.
18 May 2018 Friday - Juneau Alaska
A very low minus tide (-3.5 at 10:01am) for our walk across the channel!
17 May 2018 Thursday - Juneau Alaska
A sunny day for walk on the flume......
16 May 2018 Wednesday - Juneau Alaska
Joined the Juneau Parks and Recreation hike group for hike up Sheep Creek in the sunshine...gorgeous new buds and flowers everywhere and saw goats on the mountainside!
15 May 2018 Tuesday - Juneau Alaska
Morning walk at Eaglecrest Ski Area with Katy and Dan and Penny the dog then afternoon walk downtown in the sunshine, meeting heaps of friends enroute....one gave me a box of cookies and another let me pick fresh rhubarb in her garden.
14 May 2018 Monday - Juneau Alaska
Ferry arrived in Juneau 645am and I was second vehicle off the boat....yea! Overcast rainy day and the hotel would not let me check in until noon so did walkabout in the rain downtown with noon time lunch at El Sombrero.
13 May 2018 Sunday - Alaska
Long stop in Ketchikan (7am-1230pm) so time to walk the 2 1/2 miles to town and spend time exploring...only one cruise ship in so far so not too busy.
Shorter time in Wrangell (630-715pm) and did not even get off in Petersburg (1015-11pm).
12 May 2018 Saturday - at sea Canada and Alaska
11 May 2018 Friday - Bellingham Washington to Juneau Alaska
via Ketchikan, Wrangell, Petersburg on the ferry Columbia with arrival in Juneau early Monday morning.
10 May 2018 Thursday - Bellingham Washington
9 May 2018 Wednesday - Bellingham Washington
A very rainy windy day so a good morning to visit the Washington State Archives.
8 May 2018 Tuesday - Bellingham Washington
Morning wash of my van for just $20 at local truck wash then hair cut and color at Supercuts.
7 May 2018 Monday - Bellingham Washington
My house battery has not been charging since the local RV place here installed new converter and isolator one year ago.....found that another part had failed so had circuit breaker replaced and it works again!
6 May 2018 Sunday - Bellingham Washington
Overnight rain shower then another sunny day with a few clouds.
5 May 2018 Saturday - Bellingham Washington
Gorgeous sunny day for cinco de mayo! Walk to Fred Meyer and pedicure at Silver Nails but not that great, oh well!
4 May 2018 Friday - Lynnwood to Bellingham Washington
May the 4th be with you!
The local RV place did electrical work on the house bit of my van one year ago but it has not worked correctly because I did not use it after leaving them then and going directly to Juneau and then when I left Juneau in July, I found it not working....so I will return on Monday for them to look at it. In order for them to do the work though, I needed to empty the van for access to the parts so did that today and washed all the linens.
3 May 2018 Thursday - Lynnwood to Oak Harbor Washington (57 miles)
Early morning ferry from Mukilteo to Clinton then visit to my great great grandfather at Woodman Cemetery Langley. This small cemetery is managed by volunteers so I had to do a bit of clearing around the gravesite. Then morning walk of the Langley village which sits right on the water.
2 May 2018 Wednesday - Lynnwood Washington
Decided to hangout here another day and catch up.
1 May 2018 Tuesday - Lynnwood Washington
Lynne packed up and left early this morning then I met a newly found cousin on my father's mother's side of the family. She had some great treasures: several photographs, my gg grandfather's knives from his days as a butcher in Langley, and his military booklet from Germany.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.