Photos of my great great grandfather Frank Weber's meat market in Langley Washington
Plans are to stow my van in Bellingham and fly from Seattle Washington to Raleigh North Carolina to visit my sister and family then to mum's in Florida for Christmas and stay until March.....then fly back to Seattle and take the ferry to Juneau for the summer.
27 December 2016 Tuesday - Largo FL
Joined the local YMCA fitness center for a morning workout then a bit of time at the pool.
26 December 2016 Monday - Largo FL
A visit to Earth Fare supermarket at the new Seminole City Center....they had torn down the old indoor Seminole Mall a year ago and are in the process of building a new mall that has all outdoor entrances....unfortunate for all the retirees that enjoyed indoor mall walking and the social hour at the coffee shop!
25 December 2016 Sunday - Largo FL
Merry Christmas! Mum cooked a small eight pound turkey with mashed potatoes and dressing and green bean salad and homemade apple pie with ice cream for dessert;
24 December 2016 Saturday - Largo FL
So nice to be warm again after all the cold in Washington State and NC.....hope to relax and sunbake by the pool....after helping mum make apple pie.
23 December 2016 Friday - Largo FL
Morning visit to stock up at Whole Foods Market then afternoon walk to the library.
22 December 2016 Thursday - Cary NC to Largo FL
Flight to Tampa to visit mum!
20 December 2016 Tuesday - Cary NC
I have learned new information regarding my great great grandfather so spent the morning at the library doing research with ancestry! I always wondered why my great grandmother was born in Wyoming and her siblings born in Kansas and Omaha....found that my great great grandfather reenlisted and spent 1869-1870 Fort Wallace KS then 1870-1872 Camp Brown Wyoming. I found his reenlistment and post return records on ancestry because he was a hospital steward and listed by name on the post returns.
17 December 2016 Saturday - Cary NC
Day trip to visit Morris' sister in Youngsville.
16 December 2016 Friday - Cary NC
Home to watch the grandkids! Too COLD to go outside for very long.
15 December 2016 Thursday - Cary NC
Day trip to Goldsboro to visit the museum and historical exhibits at the library to learn more about our great great grandfather who fought in the civil war and mustered out in Goldsboro in 1865.
14 December 2016 Wednesday - Cary NC
Not feeling that great with a bit of the cold and flu bug!
12 December 2016 Monday - Cary NC
Shopping with my sister....and organizing my father's slides that we had scanned/digitized last year.
11 December 2016 Sunday - Cary NC
Family is off to church so I am staying home to catch up on postal mail.
10 December 2016 Saturday - Seattle WA to Cary NC
Five hour flight across the USA on a fairly empty flight to be greeted by my sister's eldest son and his wife....cold and clear in NC.
9 December 2016 Friday - Bellingham to Seattle WA
The storm that they predicted did arrive.....SNOW! Good thing I parked my van yesterday so hoping that the Bellingham Shuttle to Seattle does okay on the roads.....then early flight on Saturday to NC.
8 December 2016 Thursday - Bellingham WA
They were able to drain all the water out of the lines of my van but there is damage to the house water pump,,,,,it is almost 18 years old so probably time for a new one anyway, which I will do when I return in March. A very big snowstorm is predicted so parked my van in storage before it arrived!
7 December 2016 Wednesday - Bellingham WA
When I was last in Bellingham a week ago I had booked appointment for winterize of van....unfortunately, I was a day too late because the wind and the cold last eve froze the pipes so am hoping that letting it sit overnight at the shop with heater on will defrost with no damage.
6 December 2016 Tuesday - Lynnwood to Bellingham WA
COLD! and my doors were frozen....but managed to get in the back door so that I could drive up the road.....beautiful clear day with beautiful views of the snow capped mountains,.
5 December 2016 Monday - Lynnwood WA
SNOW! and then it was gone!
Twenty years ago when I worked on a project in Korea, I had the best body scrub....and then a few years back a woman from Juneau told me about one near Seattle......so I found it and had the best Korean body scrub and body moisturize and facial at Olympus Spa....a wonderful five hours because they also have steam rooms, spa baths and heat rooms(salt, sand, charcoal, mud.....)!
4 December 2016 Sunday - Langley to Lynnwood WA
Rode the early morning ferry from Clinton to Mukiteo and had planned to visit the gravesite of my great great grandfather eldest son Henry Weber (my great grandmother Mary brother). Unfortunately Henry Weber and his wife are buried at the View Crest Abbey Mausoleum which is now closed and you need appointment from Evergreen Funeral Home to get in.....and this is another home bought out by Dignity and they are not the best folks.....they are buying up funeral homes across America and destroying records because they cannot be bothered with the old stuff......
3 December 2016 Saturday - Langley WA
Hiked with Richard's hike group to Bowman Bay up by Deception Pass....and then Christmas baroque concert at St Augustine Church in Freeland.
2 December 2016 Friday - Langley WA
I visited Frank's former meat market which is now a Chocolate Flower Farm! There is an historic plaque on the building describing the history.
I have not been able to find any gravestone for my great great grandfather Frank Weber so visited local mortuary to order a stone for him.
1 December 2016 Thursday - Langley WA
All of the county records for the city of Langley are located at the county seat of Coupeville, about twenty miles north, so drove there to do more research. I then find that all those wonderful old books have been moved to Bellingham as part of the Washington State archives so my only option in Coupeville was to read microfilm which is very difficult to find things when they put multiple volumes on one roll....but I did find that Frank Weber bought waterfront property for his meat market business and his son Henry bought twenty acres near town!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.